Golf Academy Manager | Richmond Park Golf Course
High percentage of all coaching income + hourly rate
Richmond Park Golf Course is one of the UK’s busiest golf venues with two 18-hole courses, driving range, academy course and the Nineteen Bar & Kitchen. We now require a Golf Academy Manager to oversee all coaching activity at our venue and assist with our general golf services.
The Golf Academy Manager will have unlimited potential to develop his or her own coaching business at our modern facilities. In addition, you will take personal responsibility for managing the coaching team to deliver a profitable coaching programme and maintain consistently high standards.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will have a proactive approach to creating and delivering golf development initiatives for our regular market and importantly, the wider community.
The Golf Academy Manager will also be expected to work at least one shift per week in our golf services team as Duty Manager, supporting the day to day operations of our overall golf business. This ensures a close relationship with our management team and provides an excellent opportunity to engage with our customers and members.
This is a vital role within our management team and ideal for someone looking to gain management experience as a golf coach. The last few years at Richmond Park Golf Course has been a real success story and we are proud of our results. We are passionate about our business and providing the very best customer experience, and you must be too.
Golf Academy Manager role:
- Support the General Manager in the planning and budgeting of the annual coaching programme.
- Delivering lessons and coaching activities within a team of golf coaches.
- Managing the overall coaching operation, including enquiries and bookings, presentation of the academy facilities and financial procedures.
- Maintain a safe working environment that adheres to company heath and safety policies and procedures.
- Support the overall golf business as Duty Manager for a minimum of one shift per week.
What we look for in a Golf Academy Manager:
- A recognised golf coaching qualification, ideally PGA class AA status.
- A knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures.
- An understanding of what amazing customer service looks like.
- Represent our brand values and standards.
- Passionate about great service and not afraid to lead by example.
- Enjoys being an active member of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Skilled in organising and planning.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- Flexibility to work weekends.
We operate a generous earning structure for all our golf coaches, where they receive 70% of their gross coaching income on a self-employed basis. The Golf Academy Manager will benefit from the higher rate of 80% of gross income.
In addition, the Golf Academy Manager will be paid an hourly rate as Duty Manager, working within the golf services team.
What else we can offer you:
Glendale Golf is part of The Parkwood Group, so you will benefit from working with a large organisation that offers specialist training and development resources. We have a proven employee succession programe that will give you a clear route to acheive your career goals within the golf, leisure and hospitality industry. In addition we can offer you:
- A generous bonus based on green fee & membership sales.
- Access to the The Parkwood Group ‘My Benefits’ scheme, including complimentary use of all our golf and leisure centres.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Company pension.
- Flexible shifts.
- 28 days holiday a year.
- Work in the beautiful, green space of Richmond Park!
Closing date 31/05/18. Apply now by emailing your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com