The first Richmond Park Open was a sell-out success!
Richmond Park Golf Course held its first annual Open on Sunday 19th August. All 120 available tee times sold out well in advance of the closing date, so we knew we’d be in for a great day of golf.
The event was a collaborative effort from the two main clubs that reside at Richmond Park Golf Course, plus Glendale Golf – the company responsible for managing the UK’s most popular pay & play golf venue. General Manager Jon Dummett explains: “We wanted to include a truly open event within our annual competition schedule. It was important to make it open to everyone – even golfers who have yet to dip their toes into competitive golf. I’m delighted that we had such an amazing response and it was great to see so many new faces enjoying the day and making new friends. A big thanks goes out to everyone who took part, plus club members Peter Harrington and Richard Owen for lending their experience to make the day go so smoothly.”
The searing temperature of the last few weeks had subsided and the recent rain had injected some colour back into the courses. Now weather conditions were ideal as golfers went to battle on the Duke’s. Their quest was to win one of the many prizes up for grabs, before returning to enjoy a smokin’ BBQ on the lakeside veranda.
- 1st Prize Men: Martin Humphries with net 61, winning a Callaway X-Series Golf Bag & Trophy.
- 1st Prize Ladies: Angela Flynn with net 66, winning a pair of Callaway Mulligan Golf Shoes & Trophy.
- 2nd Prize Men: Asrah Amirshah with net 66, winning a Callaway Weather Series Pullover.
- 2nd Prize Ladies: Sheena Harrington with net 73, winning a Callaway Weather Series Pullover.
- 1st Prize Division 1: James Peters with net 68, winning a dozen Callaway Supersoft balls and Callaway Tour Cap.
- 2nd Prize Division 1: Allan Richardson with net 68, winning a Trophy.
- 1st Prize Division 2: Rob Price with net 70, winning a dozen Callaway Supersoft balls and Callaway Tour Cap.
- 2nd Prize Division 2: Tommy Trinidad with net 70, winning a Trophy.
- 1st Prize None-Handicap: Angus Robertson with 71 gross, winning a pair of Callaway Chev Golf Shoes & Trophy.
- Longest Drive on Hole 17: Gunilla Assmundson, winning a dozen Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
- Nearest Pin on Hole 10: Hassan Mouilah, winning a dozen Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
We received tons of great feedback so it seems like the event was enjoyed by everyone. Lots of people asked if we are planning another event – the answer is a definite yes! Check out some of the photos from the day, opposite.
Thank you all for making it such a great day and we look forward to seeing you on the fairways soon.
Bye for now…
The Golf Team