Duxbury Park December Newsletter
Welcome to our Christmas Edition of our Newsletter, we thank you for for choosing to play golf this year at Duxbury Park Golf Course, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
The time has come to don your woolly hats and winter mittens and look forward to some fantastic golf this winter on full greens and tees we are proud to be one of the only local courses to offer this. After a long hot summer the course is in much better condition and still dry. So don’t put the clubs away just yet, keep that swing going into next year!
We are now on discounted winter green fee rates. Don`t forget you will always get the best deal by booking directly online with us at saving up to 20% on standard rates. Click here to book your next round.
Check out our fantastic Winter Warmer Offers;
- Mates Rates. Get up to 20% off when you book a 3 or 4 ball online.
- Book a winter golf society and receive a free tee time! Minimum 8 players.
- Kids eat free with every main adult meal purchased at weekends.
- £100 free bar spend when you book your function with us. Call Lesley for more information 01257265380
- Rest Of The Year Free – join now and pay nothing until 1st January 2019.
Looking for a perfect Christmas Gift for a family member or friend? Why not treat them to a VIP day out at Duxbury Park Golf Course with our Christmas Voucher.
Many thanks for all of you who took the time to fill out our customer survey, your feedback and support is much appreciated. You can look forward to us publishing the results in the new year.
The 2018 season presented our greenkeeping team with a new set of challenges starting off with one of the wettest winters on record to one of the hottest summers on record. These unprecedented conditions proved a challenge for the team and we are looking into reviewing our practices and looking into improvements to our irrigation system to prevent the burning out of the greens over summer months under heatwave conditions. We are confident moving forward operations will be in place to provide an excellent golf course all year round.
Proposed works over the forthcoming Winter Period;
- Path upgrades on holes 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 9th.
- Fairway bunker on the 5th will be reinstated. The plan is to find the problematic drainage line, repair, and add the required amount of sand.
- Greens – We will pass over the bare areas using the hollow core machine, then manually apply a divot mix with seed. This will create a seed bed for the new grass to germinate and fill in the bare areas. Head Greenkeeper Jon Wilson states “I am pleased with how firm they are, colour and health of the greens”
- Tees & Fairways – Using different techniques e.g ( verti-drain, slit, core ) during the winter months to help reduce surface water.
- Rough – Wheel bearings are being replaced, I hope to have the mower back out soon leaving good definition which is welcomed at this time of year.
- Leaves – An ongoing process at the moment using our back pack blowers and tractor powered blower. We will collect once piled in an area. Being a Parkland course this present a huge operational challenge at this time of year. Priority is given to drainage ditches to remove leaves to aid drainage.
- Tree Work
Functions & Private Parties
How busy have we been during September and October with Fundraising Evenings! So if you are a fundraiser or know someone who is looking for a venue, look no further. One of the amazing fundraiser evenings raised over £8,000 – what an achievement.
To all you Secret agents, mystery women and international spies.. Your mission is to join us at Duxbury Park Golf Course this festive period for our Bond Guys & Girls Nights. We still have dates available so if you’re looking for a last minute venue for a gathering of work colleagues or friends, please give us a call and let us make your night memorable. Our nights are going to be thrilling. So… Don’t be Dr. No, Dress to Thrill, Live and Let Die…Tomorrow Never Dies! Click here for more information.
Looking for that perfect venue for your Special Celebration, whether it is a milestone birthday, christening, whatever the occasion Nineteen Duxbury Park is the place to be, simply phone Lesley on 01257 265380.
We can offer a resident DJ, Band, Casino tables, Selfie Pod you name it we can certainly look in to providing that extra special touch to make it a night to remember.
Nineteen Bar & Restaurant
We are getting into the Christmas spirit at Nineteen, the decorations are out and the tree is up! We have freshened up our selection of beers with Stella, Boddingtons, Bud Light and Orchard Pig now on draft. We have also introduced a new crafted beer ‘Gold’ which enhances our already great variety of beers, wines and spirits. Along with this we have a fantastic offer on 5 bottles of 500ml Carlsberg for only £5.00.
Back by popular demand is the Bacon roll and coffee deal for just £3.95, great for that energy boost before your round.
Nineteen has become a popular spot for families, walkers and anyone who just fancies a coffee and a natter with their friends in a beautiful location. With this in mind we have introduced a delicious range of cakes to go with a nice cup of coffee for just £3.50. Don`t forget we have free WiFi, great access for everyone, lovely walks in the gardens and fun activities for the kids.
Interesting Golf Fact
The French word “Cadet” means “youngest child”, and is where the word “Caddy” comes from.
Thank you for reading, see you on the fairways soon.
[block3 insert_type=”id” id=”20312″ module2_title_length=”40″ module2_show_description=”no” module2_show_button=”yes”]
[block3 insert_type=”id” id=”17665″ module2_title_length=”40″ module2_show_description=”no” module2_show_button=”yes”]
[block3 insert_type=”id” id=”21285″ module2_title_length=”40″ module2_show_description=”no” module2_show_button=”yes”]
[block3 insert_type=”id” id=”19783″ module2_title_length=”40″ module2_show_description=”no” module2_show_button=”yes”]