Head Greenkeeper | Richmond Park Golf Course
Location: SW London
Salary: Up to £40k per annum + company vehicle – dependant on qualifications and experience
Glendale Golf is recruiting for a full-time Head Greenkeeper who will take responsibility for managing two South West London golf courses. The main function of the role will be to lead the greenkeeping team at Richmond Park Golf Course, while overseeing a growing-in and development programme at a newly remodelled 18-hole course at Airlinks Golf Course, near Hounslow.
Reporting to the General Manager, this is a vital role as the Head Greenkeeper will be not only be responsible for one of the UK’s busiest 36-hole golf courses, but will also play an important hand in the development of the exciting new golf venue near Hounslow, set to open in Spring 2020.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of the 280-acre estate at Richmond Park Golf Course, to ensure the highest standards of presentation for its two established 18-hole courses, academy course, driving range and general amenity areas.
- Overseeing the critical growing-in and launch phases of a brand new 18-hole course and driving range at Airlinks Golf Course.
- Leading, motivating and coaching a team of greenkeepers at two sites.
- Managing and monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programmes.
- Ownership of the annual course maintenance programme and operational budget.
- Working closely with the General Manager to optimise course aesthetics and ensure courses are set up correctly each week.
- Providing a monthly report of course condition, maintenance schedule and expenditure to the General Manager.
- Raising orders and liaising directly with suppliers.
- Managing the machinery/equipment/buggy fleets to ensure all equipment is correctly maintained and serviced. Ensure maintenance/service records are kept up to date.
- Presentation and housekeeping of workshops and storage areas.
- Ensuring health & safety, staff welfare and legislative policies and procedures are adhered to as a priority.
It would be advantageous for candidates to possess the following qualifications and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance.
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates.
- CS30 and CS31 chainsaw certificates.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of modern greenkeeping machinery.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of all health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment and also chemical and waste handling.
- Personnel and budget management skills and the ability to maintain and keep all necessary records up to date and fully compliant with legislation.
This is a permanent position at 40 hours per week over five days to include weekend work as required. Excellent staff benefits programme including use of company vehicle.
Please apply by email with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 10th February 2019.
Glendale Golf is an Equal Opportunities Employer.