Full Time – Permanent
£50k per annum + vehicle
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team as Regional Golf Course Manager for the Glendale Golf group, based at Richmond Park Golf Course.
You will take responsibility for the course maintenance, quality, machinery and operational standards for our group of five golf sites in the South East region. You’ll be an important advisor, consultant and coach to the Head Greenkeepers at each site.
You’ll play a lead role in the final stages of a growing-in project at London Airlinks Golf Course, due to open this summer.
You’ll also be directly responsible for the day to day line management of our greenkeeping team at Richmond Park Golf Course, our 36-hole flagship site. You will lead from the front and demonstrate willingness to be ‘hands-on’ by contributing to daily operations and maintenance tasks.
A company vehicle will be provided as the role requires regular travel to our golf courses in London, Hampshire, Sussex and Essex.
We expect a high level of interest in what is a unique and highly rewarding role in the golf industry.
Closing date is 28/02/23, but we are commencing interviews immediately. Apply now to avoid missing out on this brilliant opportunity.
- Managing and delivering the annual maintenance & improvements plan for our six golf courses in the South East region.
- Technical advisor to our greenkeeping and senior management team.
- Carrying out routine quality & compliance audits and producing reports.
- Managing the machinery fleet including safety checks, servicing, condition reports, and annual PPM contracts with external suppliers.
- Managing supplier relations for greenkeeping supplies; utilising our national buying power to get the best commercial arrangements.
- Highly technical knowledge of agronomy and sports turf management including pesticide and feed application programmes.
- Identifying opportunities for golf course improvements and creating proposals for project work.
- Recruitment, selection and coaching staff. Managing the annual training plan for all greenkeepers in the region.
- Maintenance and monitoring of irrigation and drainage systems.
- An understanding of modern advances in materials, machinery and sustainable greenkeeping techniques.
- Fully versed in all legislative matters involved in greenkeeping including health & safety, COSHH and environmental.
- Support the senior management team with financial planning including annual budgeting and machinery CAPEX.
In addition to having the appropriate technical knowledge and skills for the position, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic individual who has an eye for detail.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Open and honest.
- Previous experience, preferably in a similar group management role.
- NVQ Level 2.
- PA1, PA2, PA6.
- Chainsaw Certificate.
- Driving Licence.
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
- An attractive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Membership to BIGGA
- Staff uniform
- Free gym membership for you and a nominated person / Employee discount portal / Company sick pay / career progression and more.
How to Apply
If you feel like you’d be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Glendale Golf is part of the Parkwood Group and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.