Up to £30,000 per annum
We have a brilliant opportunity for an Assistant Course Manager to join our greenkeeping team at our 36-hole flagship site.
With over 120,000 rounds played annually, Richmond Park Golf Course is one of the most popular pay & play golf destinations in Europe.
Based in the beautiful setting of Richmond Park, you’ll have previous greenkeeping or sports turf experience and understand what it takes to provide exceptional playing surfaces.
This role is part of our company succession programme and offers a genuine opportunity to progress your career to a Course Manager/Head Greenkeeper role.
Glendale Golf is part of the Parkwood Group, meaning you’ll have plenty of opportunities to gain experience with our diverse and talented team that is responsible for our golf, leisure, outdoor activities and theatre locations.
- Deputy manager for a team of ten greenkeepers.
- Managing and monitoring weekly, monthly and annual maintenance programmes and projects for one of our 18-hole courses (we have two Assistant Course Managers, each responsible for one course).
- In addition to the above, you’ll help maintain the academy course, driving range, workshops and general amenity areas including car parks, entrance/exit gates and access roads.
- Support our Greenkeeper Mechanic in coordinating the maintenance of machinery/equipment/irrigation & service contracts.
- Optimise course aesthetics and ensure your course is set up correctly each week.
- Supervise staff to ensure standards of work are maintained and tasks completed.
- Security of the premises including keyholder duties and alarm response.
- You’ll have an interest in golf and a good understanding of the needs and wants of the golf consumer.
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent in Sports Turf Maintenance is preferred but not essential. We will provide the necessary training and financial support to enable your NVQ qualification if necessary.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of modern greenkeeping machinery.
- Knowledge of automated irrigation systems.
- Knowledge of all health and safety legislation relating to greenkeeping equipment and also chemical and waste handling.
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
- Excellent salary and generous bonus scheme.
- Free use of Glendale Golf Courses, free gym membership for you and a nominated person/employee discount portal/company sick pay/career progression and more!
How to Apply
If you feel like you’d be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Parkwood Leisure Holdings Ltd Group are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers that are committed to inclusion and diversity.
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.