2021 will see the unveiling of a new driving range experience at Castle Point Golf Course. The £100,000 project is part of Glendale Golf’s investment into major improvements at their six golf centres. Work has already started and the range is due to reopen in May.
Castle Point’s General Manager Brad Wellmen explains: “We saw a huge surge in demand for golf in 2020 and we expect the same again this year, when the lockdown restrictions are lifted & we re-open on 29th March. Driving ranges are vital in helping newcomers experience golf for the first time, as well as a place for regulars to improve.”
Brad continues: “We’ve made some massive steps forward with the quality of our golf course in the last couple of years. We’re now turning our attention to the driving range, which has always had bags of potential. We’re about to start a major project to upgrade the range, including increasing the number of bays and the construction of a brand new short game area. We feel this will put Castle Point on the map as one of the best all-round golfing destinations in Essex.”
Work is due to start in March and will include:
- Extension of the existing range building to create 20 Driving Bays
- Replacement powerful LED floodlights, offering night time golf.
- New pathway providing well-lit access to the range from the clubhouse
- New ball dispenser featuring contactless payments.
- Upgraded mats and bay dividers
- Short game area including chipping green and bunkers.
- Replacement barrier netting around the driving range
- Covered seating area for outdoor food & beverage options
This project is just part of Glendale Golf’s commitment to providing an even better experience for our community of golfers. Find out more about how you can Reconnect Through Golf in 2021: