Full Time – Permanent
From £40k per annum
Following a £multi-million investment by Glendale Golf, we have an incredible opportunity for a Course Manager to join our team at London Airlinks Golf Course, West London.
Opening summer 2023, this is a rare opportunity to lead a team responsible for the final stages of growing-in and preparations for a brand new 18-hole golf course and driving range.
Reporting to the Regional Golf Course Manager, we welcome applications from candidates with suitable qualifications and experience.
Closing date is 31/03/23, but we are commencing interviews immediately. Apply now to avoid missing out on this brilliant opportunity.
- Managing and delivering the maintenance and improvement plan for the golf course and amenity areas.
- Managing budgets, finance and resources for your department.
- Recruitment, selection and training of staff.
- Servicing, maintenance and safe operation of the machinery fleet and annual service contracts with external suppliers.
- In-depth knowledge of sports turf management including pesticide and feed applications.
- Maintenance and monitoring of irrigation and drainage systems.
- An understanding of modern advances in materials, machinery and sustainable greenkeeping techniques.
- Keeping up to date with all Health & Safety regulations and being able to complete risk assessments.
- Carry out quality and maintenance audits to ensure we achieve KPI standards.
In addition to having the appropriate greenkeeping knowledge and skills for the position the successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic individual who has an eye for detail.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead by example.
- Open and honest.
- Previous experience in a similar management role.
- NVQ Level 2.
- PA1, PA2, PA6.
- Chainsaw Certificate (advantageous but not essential)
What can Glendale Golf offer you?
- An attractive salary dependent on qualifications and experience
- Company pension scheme
- Membership to BIGGA
- Staff uniform
- Weekend working on a rota system
- Free use of Glendale Golf Courses, free gym membership for you and a nominated person / Employee discount portal / Company sick pay / career progression and more.
How to apply
If you feel like you’d be successful in this role or are interested to know more, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply with a letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Glendale Golf is part of the Parkwood Group and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.